Sunday, August 18, 2013
All because of a nail appointment...
If any of you know my mom, you know she is a believer that no matter what is going on, you get up, brush your teeth, style your hair, put your makeup on and look your best. My mother has never missed a nail, hair or probably any beauty service appointment ever in her life. Until yesterday. I have recently semi-retired from being a hairstylist and started a new job. I was working an overtime shift Saturday morning and received a text from my friend Andrea. She has been doing my mom's nails for years and was worried when my mom didn't show to her standing appointment. I quickly texted Josh to go check on her. Josh found my mom laying in bed after suffering a major stroke. Within minutes she was on the way to the hospital and I was frantically driving to meet her there. I made phone calls and sobbed as I raced to get to my best friend's bed side. I pleaded with my Heavenly Father as I drove and begged him to keep her alive. When I arrived at the hospital I was met by my sweet husband, my brother, our dear friend Aaron Barton and my sister in law. Soon to follow was my cousin, our bishop, and my father in law. It was all a blur. No answers just medical terminology being flung at us and then having a pre-med student for a husband and Aaron as a captain and paramedic for the fire department was a blessing and a curse. They were acutely aware of every thing in the room. Their discomfort and silence was deafening. I had a few moments where I actually thought that I was going to have to say goodbye to my best friend forever. My heart ached and I lost my cool multiple times. Although I was scared out of my mind, I was thankful that if this was going to happen, it happened on a day when my mom had a nail appointment. I am also thankful for the tender mercies of The Lord and his guidance of Andrea. Had she not texted me, who knows when we would have found my mom and what condition she would have been in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment